Tom's Blog

Monday, May 02, 2005

Another Day

The reason for the hope I have in Christ; I am to be able to tell people about it. I do have a hope in Christ because of His work in my life and in the relationships He has healed. He works in my children, my immediate family, my church family, acquaintances, and in all areas of my life. I don't always realize it, but He is there.


He doesn't always do it in the way I want; in fact, most times it is in a completely opposite way from what I want. He seems to do it to ensure I know He is in charge. I tend to get a little prideful as I go through life and have some success and forget I must rely on Him and His guidance to do His will in and through my life. Pride is an area I really struggle with; I sometimes wish I could just test out of that area and move one.


The great thing is, God wants the best for me and learning to deal with the pride in my life is part of getting what is best for me. I realize it after I have been corrected by the circumstances brought about in my life through a poor decision. I come to realize God had placed all the information I needed to make the right decision before me; but, because I have to do things my way, I don't take the time to really analyze what is going on.


You could say I am just being too hasty, or use something other excuse to say God wasn't involved, but I know He cares enough about me to make sure I learn the lessons to be successful. He knows the number of all the hairs on my head. I just need to be more diligent about the decisions I make and really seek God's guidance through prayer and the study of His Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogroll Me!